About Me

Thursday, June 3, 2010

And breathe...

What a week. It's been one of those exhausting weeks and even having Monday off didn't seem to help. I am so exhausted but in such a need of some good happy things that I had to come back to the bloggy. I purposefully stayed away from posting this week because I didn't really have anything positive to say. I was having what my mom calls a "Thumper Moment." Thumper (from Bambi... remember? :O)) said if you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all.... So suffice to say:
Hormones: 1
Christina: 0

But I'm baaaaack, and instead of posting about what I like to eat, I've got pictures to share! Much more exciting than talking about the ridiculously boring informative Paleo diet book I'm reading.

 Fresh pesto from the other day.
I had it on Ezekiel toast with two scrambled eggs... yum!

I have also been obsessed with overnight oats!
I didn't think I'd like them but I've ate them every day this week... nuff said.
Ps. This version has cinnamon, fresh strawberries, and almond butter

All mixed up... looks a little bit like baby food, but makes
my insides dance and sing :O)

It was pouring down rain here yesterday so of course that means I need to go shopping! I hit up two of our local natural foods stores in search of a couple things that other bloggers have been raving about.
 All thanks to Heather Eats Almond Butter and her yummy sounding 
recipes with these ingredients!
Check out what these are all about here

I am in love with Chia seeds! They are so yummy!
So far I've put them in overnight oats, can't wait to try more!

I also bought some nutritional yeast, I've heard its amazing.
Haven't tried it but will tell ya when I do :O)

Organic blueberry jam.... wow, my tastebuds personally
thanked me after  feeding this to my mouth.
Yup, it was just that good.

I'm ready for more overnight oat making!

Millet & Flax crackers... seriously, one of my best food finds
EVER! I adore these things so much.
In fact, I may or may not have eaten half the bag of cinnamon
chips in one sitting... I'm just saying

Cocounut spread... I tried a little bite and wasn't impressed
which is a bummer since it was a little spendy.
I'm going to try it on a few different things and see how it fares.

Overall not bad finds at all... I am seriously getting addicted to buying all of these healthy obscure items only found in natural foods stores... I just can't help it, they are so yummy!

Once I did the food shopping then it was time for the shoe shopping. I was out in search of a good pair of running shoes (never bought them before) and found some pretty cute ones that also feel like I'm hugging my feet. Sweet sweet lovin for the tootsie :O)
Oooooooh loook!!!

Too bad it looked like this outside: 
I know it's impossible to see, but it was pouring hard when I was taking this picture.
Crazy weather we're having!
Also sucks because it means no outdoor runs :-(

 The puppers don't care that it's raining, they still want 
to go for a walk... silly dogs!



Happy Thursday!!!

2 comments: