About Me

Monday, May 31, 2010

Remembering the Fallen

Happy Memorial Day!

I will say that I am extremely excited to have another day of rest and relaxation. In fact, this will be a short one because as soon as I'm done posting I'll be downing my morning protein shake and headed for the gym. Nothing says relaxation like getting to go into the gym at 9 am instead of 5:30 :O)

Plus, it's the unofficial beginning of SUMMER!!!! I have waited for this, since about mid-September of last year :O) I am a summer girl without a doubt. Barbecues, days by the lake, tanning (with sunscreen), shorts, flip flops, margaritas.... you name it, I love it!

But in the midst of all of my relaxation and fun, I am not forgetting why I have this glorious day off. In the midst of it all, I am remember all of our service men and women who are currently serving, have served in the past, or have fallen while on duty. Their sacrifices and those of their families are the reason that I have the rights and privileges that I do. I am eternally grateful for them and all that they do every day.

I am especially grateful because of the service of both my grandfathers. My dad's father served in the Air Force flying planes for many years, and has glorious war stories to tell. My mom's dad served in the Navy and is such an amazing person. I love both my grandfathers to pieces :O) I also have several friends who have fathers, brothers, friends, and significant others serving or who have served and I am remembering them and all of their sacrifices today. Those who serve are amazing, selfless people and their families definitely fall under that category as well. So thank you, for all that you do, all that you have done, and all that you will do for this wonderful country.

0 comments:

Post a Comment