About Me

Saturday, May 29, 2010

Some days just don't go as planned...

I know I mentioned earlier that I thoroughly enjoy Saturdays, but seriously I REALLY love Saturdays :O) I hit up the gym (nice and empty this morning!) and did a nice long warm up. 5 minutes walking @ 4.0 mph so the Polar could calculate my HR zones and then 5 minutes running @ 5.5 mph followed by 10 minutes of 1 minute intervals, alternating between 5.3 mph and 6.3-6.5 mph. This is what I did yesterday on HIIT day except much longer, and with additional sweaty cardio attached at the end and it has been a huge sweat fest success.

I haven't posted as much about my exercise history but about 3 months ago I decided I was going to take up running. Furthermore, I decided I was going to do it until I enjoyed it because at the time there were few things I hated more than running. So I downloaded the couch to 5k plan and (very) loosely followed it for less than 2 weeks awhile :O) I found that because I was already in good shape that running wasn't as hard as I thought it would be and in fact, I didn't suck too bad at it. I've been stuck at only being able to run at 5.5 for awhile (which has been a huge success for me) but in trying out these intervals, I've found that 6.3- 6.5mph doesn't feel that bad at all. Especially because I only have to do it for a minute and then I get to slow down to a jog for the next minute. I am definitely keeping these intervals in my routine to help boost up my speed consistently.

So I followed the 20 minute treadmill sesh with another hour of strength training. It was a routine the trainer had given me pre-bootcamp and I am very pleased to say that now (3 months later) I was able to up my weights, up my reps by a few, without dying. It was really great to see that I am showing significant progress. I'll post the workout later this weekend.

After coming home and taking a much needed shower, I was starving. I mean, "I need food NOW because I am getting dizzy" starving. I snacked on some peanuts while I made Gina's (The Fitnessista) Perfect Protein Pancakes. They were super dense (and not nearly as pretty as her picture) but so delicious and filling! Exactly what I needed post-workout. The recipe made 2 giant pancakes and I topped one with almond butter and sugar free syrup and the other with some yogurt butter and a sprinkle of cinnamon sugar. These are definitely going to become a staple in my diet. Not quite as good the cottage cheese, oatmeal pancakes but still yummy. On a side note, I am loving this pancake phase! I never thought I would be able to eat pancakes again once I figured out how terrible Krusteaz pancakes were for me.

So far the rest of the afternoon has been spent cleaning the house, playing with the doggies, and relaxing with the fam. Not quite the productive Saturday I had planned, but just as enjoyable :O)

0 comments:

Post a Comment